Have you read the Ten Commandments recently? Take a quick personal moral inventory by asking yourself these questions:
- Have you ever given allegiance to anything else over God in your life?
- Have you ever used anything as an object of worship or veneration?
- Have you ever used God’s name in a vain or vulgar fashion?
- Have you worshiped God on a consistent basis?
- Have you disobeyed or dishonored your parents even once?
- Have you murdered anyone, or even had harsh thoughts about someone (see Matt. 5:22)?
- Have you had sex with someone other than your spouse, or even thought about it (see Matt. 5:28)?
- Have you taken something that wasn’t yours?
- Have you lied?
- Have you hungered after something that didn’t belong to your?
Sound tough? It is. This is God’s law. These are God’s requirements…. Saved by our own goodness? The Law gives us no hope other than Jesus’ righteousness.
— Greg Koukl, from Solid Ground, March/April, 2017